Apr 11, 2022

Dinner With Allentown's Write-Ins

I don't go out much at night. Between usually writing this blog around 4:30AM, and the family bakery, I have the schedule of a three year old. Truth be told, the bakery closed 35 years ago, but it's my normal excuse for going to sleep at 8:00PM. With the election on Tuesday, and Rich Fegley and Shane Fillman running as write-ins, I'll try to catch up with them tonight in the little apple. Between my rosacea and shiny nose, I usually have my butler powder my face before I go out.

ADDENDUM: I invite any candidate for Tuesday's election to join me this evening, 6pm, at the Hamilton Street BreWWork

above reprinted from October 30, 2015 

ADDENDUM APRIL 11, 2022: The above post was written almost seven years ago. Neither Fegley or Fillman made it as write-ins. My makeup man has passed away, and I seldom venture out at night anymore.  Although I still produce this blog and a sister page on facebook (Allentown Chronicles), I have become less active about Allentown's political scene. Back in 2015, when this post and I were fresher, I had three posts that day promoting certain candidates for the primary... Nowadays I limit my election recommendations. However, I do continue to advocate for Allentown's iconic WPA structures, unfortunately in various stages of neglect throughout our park system. If Mayor Tuerk and park director El-Chaar manage to repair the landings on the Parkway's double stairway, I'll venture out to conduct another park tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS SELECTIVELY PUBLISHED. SIGNED COMMENTS GIVEN MORE LEEWAY.