Oct 1, 2018

Making Allentown Great Again


Last week a distractor on social media accused me of making something up, because I didn't mention someone by name in a post. Another comment portrayed this blog as incendiary.  Perhaps I should outline this blog's raison d'ĂȘtre. I do not publish a newspaper,  for local news I refer you to the Morning Call and WFMZ Channel 69.  I do bill this blog as informed commentary. Although my critics may take exception with that description,  I have been involved with local issues for decades.

Although many people access the net on a mobile device,  the design aspects of this blog are for the web.  On that version a search engine is provided on the right sidebar.  Because the blog is eleven years old,  readers can find a post on almost any local topic of interest.

I am neither diplomatic or politically correct.  Some of my posts may occasionally annoy some people. While that outcome is not my normal intention,  I must confess to having posed for the above picture with that result in mind.

5 comments:

  1. "Another comment portrayed this blog as incendiary." Indeed. This kind of activity, just one block out of center city.

    Seems like A-Town is very incendiary. You people even made national Fox News on Sunday. I logged on to the MCALL. Watched a short video, with a police spokesman, the DA, etc.

    A cop read a prepared statement, said they believed it was 'criminal activity' - he could be Sherlock Holmes. Then the DA of Lehigh County, Mr Martin, mumbled a few words. As they say: Martin doesn't have a six pack - he has the whole keg!

    The leadership was less than impressive. But those ADP people are going to turn the entire town around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That damn Trump just got the trade deal none of the experts said he could get. So I guess the media/Democrat hoped for trade war and resulting economic disruptions won't be happening. Damn! And by the way, Washington Post Breaking News...Brett Kavanaugh drank in college.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alexandria Ocasio Cortez and her ilk will not be intimidated! You have the right to pay higher taxes. And be punished simply for being an old white man. The fundamental transformation of America as envisioned by 0bama is certainly not finished. Forward To Progress by voting a straight Democrat Party ticket, Comrade.

    ROLF OELER

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photo. Love the Positive Patriotism!!! Sad to say it's probably easier to Make America Great Again than it is to Make Allentown Great Again.
    The "All American City" of the 70's was a great time for Allentown.
    Sadly those days are just great memories.
    The city is now a city of TAKERS, not a city of MAKERS. Will the last maker leaving please turn off the lights.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could be optimistic about Allentown as much as the Morning Call seems to be. However as long as it drags the boat anchor of crime and the overwhelming number of people dependent on welfare and food stamps, I just don't see that happening.

    No matter how much taxpayer money Reilly spends on new buildings and apartments that most of the people who live in the city can't afford to rent.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS SELECTIVELY PUBLISHED. SIGNED COMMENTS GIVEN MORE LEEWAY.