Aug 8, 2024

Not Easy Blogging In Allentown


Yesterday, somebody called me an attention seeking blowhard. Someone else, commented on a very old post,.Molovinsky's twist of the facts. On facebook, Mayor In Limbo put a picture of the Lehigh Parkway wall being repointed. Truth is his neglect caused part of the wall to collapse, and my advocacy resulted in repairs being made at Fountain Park and Union Terrace. I've been called a naysayer by the best of them. I suppose their hubris makes those I scrutinize so outraged at my observations. Their outbursts toward me are personal, venomous and much more offensive than anything I write about their business or voting. I normally don't directly address those insults, and usually allow them the last word.  Probably being self-depreciating is an asset for me, in this endeavor that I call molovinsky on allentown. Perhaps, in the All American City of my youth, I would be a naysayer. However, in this era of self serving politicians, opportunists, and a newspaper which doesn't know if it wants to be journalistic or an advertising agency, I believe that I serve a public good, even if it's not universally appreciated.

reprinted from April of 2016 

ADDENDUM AUGUST 8, 2024:Although another eight years have passed, can't say that the powers that be think anymore of me, actually less. A few of years ago the Morning Call did a story on Wehr's Dam and didn't mention me. Without my campaign to save the dam, it would have been quickly demolished in 2014, before any public input. Likewise, my current exclusion from the Parknership, at least in its first round so far of sought input, is a statement on Tuerk's low regard for me. Regardless of such slights, this blog celebrated its 17th birthday this past May.

6 comments:

  1. Well done Mike and thank-you. Scott Armstrong

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Put Micheal !!
    Keep up the good work, as there are many who follow your observations closely.....PJF

    ReplyDelete
  3. A tip of the hat from one of the many who appreciate your tireless efforts.
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look forward to reading daily...you should reach out to Tuerk and agree to an immediate ban all anonymous posts that are critical of the City, him and his staff. There's hope yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Instead of fixating on the partnership, why don't you put your investigative powers on addressing the dysfunction of city council? Read up on the latest debaucle or even better, watch the video and witness for yourself, and give us an opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not only here on your blog, but I vaguely recall when Bobby Gunther (WAEB) would frequently give you spot exposure and mention some of your pronouncements/opinions.
    That was all before Gunther abandon his comedic side and went…oh, nevermind.
    It’s amazing how the political arena has altered the very essence of some personalities, friends, and 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒇𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒚 𝒎𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓𝒔 that we thought had the same values and were of the same mind as ourselves.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS SELECTIVELY PUBLISHED. SIGNED COMMENTS GIVEN MORE LEEWAY.