Jan 12, 2021

Mayor For A Block


Although I've titled this image Mayor For A Block, I could have just as easily called it The Future Mayor. When the Budweiser Wagon left the staging area on 10th Street, and rounded the corner down Hamilton, Julio Guridy had the seat of honor. Although I do not believe that Pawlowski will succeed in his try for the governorship, we now know that his ambitions extend beyond Allentown. When he does leave City Hall, Julio is the likely successor. Regardless, I have enjoyed using the Budweiser Wagon as a vehicle for my photography.

photocredit:michael molovinsky

Click on photograph to enlarge.

reprinted from September of 2013

UPDATE JANUARY 12, 2021: Julio has decided to enter the crowded Democratic mayoral primary this coming spring.  Over the years I have written about several of the announced candidates numerous times. Such reprints are not intended as political endorsements.

1 comment:

  1. To my knowledge Julio hadn't knocked on a door or ever campaigned for office. He has merely been reelected as all Democrats are in Allentown. He will be up against Ce-Ce who can only do two things right, knock on doors, and tell people what they want to hear.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS SELECTIVELY PUBLISHED. SIGNED COMMENTS GIVEN MORE LEEWAY.