Sep 23, 2020

Lehigh Valley vs National Politics


In addition to publishing this blog for over 13 years, two years ago I started a social media group named Allentown Chronicles. The group is designated for local history and occasional local politics. When I announced my write-in campaign for state rep, a couple members complained about the political nature of the post.

Being on social media, I took the opportunity to visit their pages. In both cases the pages were full of memes about national politics. It appears that although they’re very interested in the presidential election, they have no political interest in their own backyard. Their attitude seems very widespread in the Lehigh Valley. 

The state house is full of representatives who went there straight out of college and have been there ever since. While their party affiliation seems important in this region of straight party lever pullers, nothing else, certainly including their lack of accomplishment, seems to matter. 

As an independent, I offer them no blind party loyalty. As an involved activist, I offer them informed advocacy, but no campaign gimmicks. 

This blog will serve as campaign headquarters for Write-In Molovinsky. I’m not on the ballot, and my name must be written in by those wanting better government in their own backyard. 

The photo was taken at Wehr's Dam. I have been fighting to save local historic structures for many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS SELECTIVELY PUBLISHED. SIGNED COMMENTS GIVEN MORE LEEWAY.