Apr 22, 2020

Geriatric Rants Hurt Allentown


The other day on facebook, I stumbled upon these kind words about me, You can never trust Molovinsky's geriatric incessant rants about the city. He hates the city.... The young man who wrote this is one of the city's new gung ho boosters. I find his animosity curious. I understand those who are enthralled with Allentown's transformation. These new buildings, if on Hamilton Street or the waterfront, are the city's new reality. Hopefully, they will prosper, and give Allentown a long overdue awakening. However, these changes were not without victims and consequences. These changes deserve some scrutiny, which was for the most part was not provided by the local press. I'm proud that this blog could shine a light on some of the shenanigans, even if it makes some people uncomfortable. With the local paper acting practically as a promoter, I would think that a little balance is in order. The young man must think that my negativity will stop the city's renaissance. I assure him that J.B. Reilly will continue building, as long as the NIZ keeps transferring the tax money to him. But, what happens with no scrutiny is that too many people are tempted to get a taste for themselves, sometimes even a mayor.  Allentown is actually in for some real hurt, much more severe than my ranting. The mayor refuses to resign, and the city charter provides no remedy until which time he is actually convicted.  When that pending calamity finally occurs, Allentown will be rudderless for an extended period.  Hopefully, I will not be blamed for that coming commotion.

above reprinted from March of 2016

UPDATE APRIL 22, 2020: Of course now in 2020, Mayor Pawlowski is old news.  I'm in my sixth year of defending Wehr's Dam.  Despite the voter's referendum in 2016 to save the dam, the Wildland Conservancy continues their plot to demolish it. While the Morning Call refuses to publish my expose about that conspiracy,  they continue to promote the Wildlands Conservancy.  Hopefully, my incessant rants will continue, because the backroom shenanigans against the citizenry certainly do.

photo of blogger at Wehr's Dam 2014

4 comments:

  1. I'm just glad you cause enough ruckus that they see it and it obviously bothers them. Keep being a thorn in their side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, may we see the proof of their shenanigans?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have linked this post to the facebook group Allentown Chronicles. In a comment under the post I have included a screen grab of a letter from the state to South Whitehall Twp,. stating that the Wildlands Conservancy has raised issues relating to dam's condition. These letters, there are more, are intended to have the state condemn the dam. or make it's repair prohibitively expensive. In reality it's a low hazard dam which was very overbuilt. In 2012 it passed state inspection with flying colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a poor attempt at rewriting the local flood plain for the feds.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS SELECTIVELY PUBLISHED. SIGNED COMMENTS GIVEN MORE LEEWAY.