Jul 31, 2019

Democratic Boxing Tournament


Yesterday,  this blog featured one of my posts from the Joe Louis boxing era. During that period people would sit around the radio and listen to the event. I do not get CNN on my limited television package, so I ended up listening to some of it on my computer.

I mostly heard people interrupting each other, with Elizabeth Warren being the main interrupter. I did hear Bernie Sanders say that He wrote the damn bill. This morning I read that it was the knockout line of the debate. Before I fell asleep, I also heard him say that under his plan I could get a hearing aid with my medicare. I could use that.

I understand that the rest of the tournament is tonight. Because I keep baker's hours, I couldn't stay up that late even if my TV received CNN. But, I figure if Joe Biden can stay up and stand on the stage, I should be able to stay awake long enough to listen to some of it.  Anyway, who knows what I'll get promised tonight?

3 comments:

  1. What I heard, and consider dangerous: all the candidates are trying to build a voting bloc by offering assorted 'free' goodies. Free college, free health care, forgiveness of tuition loans, on and on .....

    A similar idea of 'free' was LBJ's The Great Society. This is where welfare was expanded to 'give a helping hand' and get people out of poverty. Instead it created a class of dependent people, and decimated the Black family.

    We should eliminate using the word 'free' - replace it by 'free to you - someone else will pay for it.' The other big lie: we will raise taxes - but in the long run it will cost you less. I ask: Has the government ever saved money?

    The other healthcare lie was: With 'my' plan you can go to any doctor / hospital, etc. There is no mention about how long it will take to get your treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont want to settle with whatever crap they are giving me for "free."

    ReplyDelete
  3. We saw a clear divide in the Democratic Party last night between the far left and the extreme left.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS SELECTIVELY PUBLISHED. SIGNED COMMENTS GIVEN MORE LEEWAY.