Mar 1, 2024

Jostling With Windmills

I had a chance encounter with an opponent of the water lease plan in the grocery store. The person mentioned how tiring the battle has been, and how difficult it will be to succeed with keeping the water system in the citizen's hands. I know a little bit about this exhaustion, I have been fighting City Hall for well over a decade, as an army of one. The last group I belonged to was the Cub Scouts. I ran as an independent for office. I think my visits to City Hall inspired some of the security buffers now in place. There are few reporters, or editors, at The Morning Call that I haven't had words with, at one time or another. I could list a few victories here, but I won't risk jinxing my limited success. Blogging has been a fortunate vehicle for me. My detractors would be shocked to see a who's who of my readership. I thank you for that.                                                                     Michael Molovinsky 

above reprinted from September of 2012 

ADDENDUM MARCH 1, 2024:I'm a certified slow learner. Although over another decade has passed, I'm still jostling with the windmills. The first mayor I wrestled with when starting this blog is now up the river. While the current mayor makes junkets to the Caribbean to visit his voter base, and my downtown early morning coffee shops, along with the buildings they were in, have been demolished and replaced by NIZ boxes, I still forage out looking for the remnants of Allentown's past.

1 comment:

  1. If I can go off topic for a moment, I had a question.

    Across MLK Boulevard from the Parkettes building there is a fenced off area. At first I thought the city was clearing out the homeless camp that was in the woods there and perhaps fixing the footbridge. However, the last time I drove by I would swear there was a rendering of a building attached to the fence.

    Any idea of what’s going on there?

    I can’t imagine that a building would be appropriate along the creek, but this Administration doesn’t seem to have a lot of respect for the Allentown park system.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS SELECTIVELY PUBLISHED. SIGNED COMMENTS GIVEN MORE LEEWAY.