Jan 26, 2023

Allentown Administration Disconnect

As I read about the shooting last weekend on Allentown's east side, I couldn't help but be bewildered by Facebook posts by both Mayor Tuerk and Police Chef Roca. Tuerk was smiling in his gold laced sneakers in Washington D.C., and Roca was celebrating his 21st year on the force. Neither seemed concerned with the ongoing carnage in Allentown.

Nor do the commonplace shootings seem to diminish Tuerk's and Roca's popularity with their constituents.  Allentown has fallen so far that the current public accepts the violence as part of everyday life.  I still haven't recovered from Tuerk's field trip to the Dominican Republic. I'm still suffering from Congresswoman Susan Wild bragging about giving Hasshan Batts $1.5 million for his Promise approach to crime. 

Tuerk certainly is a populist... He's everywhere, and the public appreciates his energy. While I've grown longer in the tooth, and no longer snarl at the bureaucrats in person, I can still peck away on this typewriter...I understand that I won't be invited to any city functions.  In recent years, I was already considered a naysayer.  That description now actually seems too positive for my current perception of Allentown.

2 comments:

  1. Mike, what do you expect from the voters of Allentown? They apparently have but one goal;to keep the party in power, in power. Whether this party governs effectively or is corrupt does not seem to matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike another shooting this morning and front window bashed out in 4oo blk of 8th st. This is were some of the homes have not been the norm of just putting lipstick on the pig? Than there is the infamous saying of chalk and paint to make a taint what it ain't for the allowable rentable blight.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS SELECTIVELY PUBLISHED. SIGNED COMMENTS GIVEN MORE LEEWAY.