Mar 16, 2020

Walking Dead Journal


In a recent post I used the word retiring in the title. I have an unwanted update for the local paper and politicians... I'm not literally retiring from this blog. I used the phrase to emphasize a shift in blog content... The blog recently has contained less politics, and more local history.

There are less political posts because I attend far fewer meetings than in the past, and frankly I'm exasperated by the ones that I do attend. For instance, it is outrageous for Allentown to have created the Noise Exemption Zone, so that the Maingate Nightclub can avoid normal Liquor Control Board guidelines. The city should not be sacrificing the tranquility of a neighborhood to help out one business owner who is friendly with some members of the administration... That is cronyism straight from the Pawlowski era.

I have been republishing historical posts because I started a facebook group concentrating on local history. My posts are different than most historical posts...I do not reference Wikipedia, but rather my own personal memories.

The title for this entry refers to the current atmosphere about the coronavirus. I've been getting ridiculous notices about policy changes from companies that I would never have any physical contact with, such as the server for a domain name I own. While molovinsky on allentown has no new policy for the virus crisis, I always recommend drinking alcohol when reading these posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS SELECTIVELY PUBLISHED. SIGNED COMMENTS GIVEN MORE LEEWAY.