Nov 4, 2019

Tomorrow's Election


I'm never enthusiastic about making political endorsements. I'm not even comfortable with the word endorsement. A number of years ago another local blogger was annoyed with me when I suggested a person I know not vote in certain races. This person had called me for recommendations, because he was completely unfamiliar with all the local candidates.  I never vote straight party, or for any race that I'm not familiar with the candidates. I often only cast a few votes, regardless of the number of races.  I believe that if you're not informed, don't vote blindly.

If I was voting in Allentown tomorrow, I would cast two votes for sure... Joe Hoffman for city council and Robert Smith for school board. Joe brings the hope of some new sorely needed thinking in Allentown city hall. He has no connections, direct or indirect, with the Pawlowski mentality, which unfortunately still resides at 5th & Hamilton. Bob Smith's dedication to the Allentown School Board is as documented as it gets. Reelecting him to the school board is the least this community can do for him.

In South Whitehall I will vote for Joe Setton for commissioner. He is one of few candidates not already associated with some position in the township. He recognizes that the current zoning ordinances need an update, but he hasn't been grandstanding at the recent contested development hearings.

If you're an informed voter and don't agree with my choices, but know why your vote goes to someone else, good for you...That's better than anyone's recommendations.

There are other local candidates for whom I will be voting, however my enthusiasm for them does not rise to the level of an endorsement.

1 comment:

  1. Mike, pulling the plug on the Democratic Machine that has destroyed Allentown should be the priority of every Allentown resident seeking good government and leadership based on the needs of the people rather than the party. Ray O'Connell has publicly stated his victory kept the city blue! Time to change the color of city leadership. Vote Tim Ramos for mayor.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS SELECTIVELY PUBLISHED. SIGNED COMMENTS GIVEN MORE LEEWAY.