Sep 13, 2019

I Watched The Debate


For most of my life I have been registered as an independent. Recently, Rick Santorum stated that he agrees with 90% of what Trump does, and 20% of what he says. I would change those figures to about 50% and 5%. While I think that Bill Weld has traits to support, his chances of getting on the Republican ticket aren't much better than mine.

With the above options in mind, last night I stayed up to watch the Democratic Debate. I was hoping to maybe find someone to reluctantly support.  Soon I fantasized about trap doors, so that I could pull a lever and drop some of the contestants off the stage. Then I started thinking about a dart gun, so I could tranquilize Bernie, and energize some of the others.

Toward the end of the long evening, I put on my record player and fell asleep.

4 comments:

  1. Be thankful you weren't affected by that exercise in mass hypnosis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I skipped the agony of watching the far left loony bin show and went straight to music last night. A very enjoyable evening all around. I did read all about this morning. Feel bad for those who had to watch it to write the reports. For the record, although I enjoy watching Trump's new Helicopter takeoff press scrums and could never stand more than a minute of his standard oratory. Yeah, he's no Demosthenes, in fact it's often hard to match his speaking style to any form of intelligence yet clearly he is a very bright and insightful man. When people complain about this to me I offer my agreement but remind them if smooth talking is what we want any car salesman could be president.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The policies espoused by the debaters: outlaw fracking and oil and gas exploration and extraction will result in economic collapse, confiscate guns from Americans, result in the greatest division ever and possibly civil war. Medicare for all would destroy private medicine, and result in a great increase in taxes and reduced real medical care. Open borders and benefits for illegal immigrants would result in a tidal wave of third world residents unable to compete in this market and would add million to the dependent roles. Taxing the assets of people at any level will change the investing and asset allocation of everyone, a disaster. I saw no practical solutions that did not require more government control. We need to fear a real totalitarian government

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS SELECTIVELY PUBLISHED. SIGNED COMMENTS GIVEN MORE LEEWAY.