Mar 25, 2019

Joe Collins, Fraternal Order Of Police


About six times a year, for the last 20 years, Joe Collins from the Fraternal Order of Police calls me in his deep official voice.  Joe doesn't mention that he's not from the Allentown Fraternal Order, or any other local order, but rather from a for profit phone solicitation business, which gives a couple cents on the dollar to some police department somewhere.  Never mind that I'm supposedly on the useless Pennsylvania Do Not Call List.

Several years ago Joe got so mad at me that he actually called me back twice in a roll. Lately, rather than confront the deception,  I simply tell him that I'm not interested,  and hang up.  I assume that Joe is that businesses' best producer.

I suppose that after this post Joe might change his name, but not his game.  I think that it is long overdue for the local police departments to clarify their skin in these calls, if any.  If none, all the more reason for some public clarification.

3 comments:

  1. I tell them the police benefit and pensions are far better than mine therefore they should be raising money for the taxpayers who have to foot the bill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. scott@6:59, under the afflerbach contract, almost the entire force retired at their full salary for life, then their spouses will receive it.

    I would appreciate chiefs Alsleben and Dorney elaborating on these fraternal solicitors to which I refer

    ReplyDelete
  3. That contract precipitated the general decline of the city. Pawlowski sold the water works to paper over the deficits the contract imposed on the city and that sale further undermined the fiscal situation of the city. So much long term damage done in relatively a short amount of time.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS SELECTIVELY PUBLISHED. SIGNED COMMENTS GIVEN MORE LEEWAY.