Nov 20, 2018

A Blogger and Lanta


In China, bureaucrats who underperform are executed, here in the Lehigh Valley they are submitted to me. Yesterday, the public was invited to participate in the transportation study by the Lehigh Valley Planning Commission; I was the public. Because Lanta is one component of the Valley's transportation, I chose to address my concerns with that organization. After being told I was off topic, since I was the extent of the public, I decided to ignore their request and continued speaking. Although, I never have revealed this before, I have a degree in communications. I challenge all readers to go the Commission's site and figure out the proper topic of yesterday's hearing. (they control $millions of your tax dollars) Not one member of the board (at least 15 people) said one word  after I spoke... So much for public participation, the $thousands of our money they spent advertising in obscure legal journals, their legal requirement was met.

reprinted from November of 2007



ADDENDUM: The meeting referenced above was covered by Dan Hartzell, Road Warrior columnist for the Morning Call at that time. Hartzell didn't write one word about my confrontation with the planners. I realized that he was dependent upon Lanta for much of the information he conveyed in his column. This isn't meant as a criticism of Hartzell, but rather the Morning Call, which still goes along to get along.

2 comments:

  1. Hartzell? Chuckle, chuckle. Extremely hardcore Democrat, just like The Morning Call.

    Just remember, only Republicans can be properly labeled as "partisan".

    Pleasant albeit somewhat chilly evening, then, isn't it?

    Respectfully,

    ROLF OELER

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS SELECTIVELY PUBLISHED. SIGNED COMMENTS GIVEN MORE LEEWAY.