May 16, 2017

Bennett's $10,000 Stoplight

I was very surprised when Allentown installed a stoplight on Lehigh Street for the Bennett Toyota dealerships.  Years ago I lived on a very dangerous intersection which has numerous accidents, including fatalities.  I was told how complicated it was to convince Harrisburg of a stoplight's necessity.

Bennett was one of the largest contributors to Mayor For Life Pawlowski's current campaign. He kicked in about 10% of Pawlowski's war chest, which at about $100k, led the candidate pack.  On Sunday night Pawlowski had a pricy campaign commerical on CNN's popular Anthony Bourdain show, Parts Unknown.

Today Allentown enters parts unknown.  It is not my habit to announce the next day's blog topic. However, tomorrow I will discuss today's winner and loser.  Hopefully, the loser will not be Allentown.

3 comments:

  1. Pawlowski also had ads during a Madoff documentary. How ironic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only nine more minutes and the count down will begin?

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I make the left to head back to the suburbs in my Toyota, I like that the Bennetts sprung for a traffic light. More Bennett customers must turn left, than right. If you look at most new shopping areas, the new lights are springing up. Maybe Allentown should do it more.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS SELECTIVELY PUBLISHED. SIGNED COMMENTS GIVEN MORE LEEWAY.