Jan 29, 2016

Pawlowski As The Messiah, Special Weekend Edition

I just watched Pawlowski's State Of The City Address, and all I can say is,  move over Jesus, Pawlowski is here.  Considering the elephant in the room, some of his statements were priceless. He praised his administration for providing predictability in government, I hope he wasn't referring to pay to play. Not only did he thank all the little people who rub elbows with the unwashed, he apparently summoned them all there for a shout out. Included in his sermon on the mound were the veterans, the homeless, the Syrian refugees and last but not least, the poor.

 Pawlowski, as I have been recently writing, is a case study in delusion. In the speech, in regard to Allentown's revitalization, he said No one bailed us out. That might be a surprise to the Pennsylvania taxpayers, who have to make up the shortfall being used for J. B. Reilly's building boom.

Mayor Ed ended his speech by saying that service should be above self. I believe a forthcoming indictment will show that he put self above service.

 although I didn't attend the speech, I watched it live courtesy of WFMZ-69.

8 comments:

  1. I watched it as well, Mike. Is there anything in the city he did not take credit for? It wasn't a state of the city, it was more like a Rap sheet of crimes against the city. I guess it is all in the perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike I was not there but saw it on WFMZ as well - it was well and truly priceless.

    The Banker

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am firmly convinced that once the federal indictment comes in, the predictability in government piece will be proven to be entirely accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have needed a barf bag to watch that. Scott Armstrong

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tune in to the pictures of , I won't call it a crowd,the audience. Dead man talking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mayor Pawlowski's address was awesome, I had no idea of all that he has accomplished for Allentown, we are truly fortunate indeed to have him as our Mayor. Any "bad" he may (or may not) have committed is far outweighed by the huge amount of good. I say give Pawlowski a pass and let's move forward. Enough "naysaying" already. Do something constructive in your golden years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @3:01, perhaps the court will accept that excuse, he's apparently counting on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As the commercial of the '70s so aptly put it, "Life without chemicals would be impossible." Pawlowski is living proof.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS SELECTIVELY PUBLISHED. SIGNED COMMENTS GIVEN MORE LEEWAY.