Sep 24, 2015

Allentown News and molovinsky on allentown

Today, I was going to do another Yom Kippur post, this time on the 1973 war in Israel. On October 6th, Yom Kippur in 1973, 500 Israeli soldiers defending the Sinai, were attacked by 80,000 Egyptians. Instead, I'm going to write about a really surprised and outnumbered group, the Allentown taxpayers. Although, I would prefer to concentrate on the progress of the baby ducks at Cedar Park, Bernie O'Hare and Bill White compel me to indulge in this political stuff, as Emma of Allentown's past would say.

Today, O'Hare at Ramblings, writes about the NIZ not being accountable, if he only knew to what extent. In my recent sit down with Alan Jennings, he had the same complaint, and he's on the NIZ board. With passing through over $30 million in state tax dollars each year to J.B. Reilly, that amount exceeds the budget of many Lehigh Valley municipalities. It's ironic that the ethics of Kathleen Kane are being are scrutinized, when the state has neither a budget, or one responsible representative in Harrisburg. To heighten the irony, we have the largest full time statehouse in the country, or in other words, the most crooks.

While all this is going on, Bill White is emailing me, that my comment to his recent article, about how good the Morning Call coverage of the NIZ is, must have been deleted by an automatic program, which hunts and deletes inappropriate words. I suppose that telling the truth about Allentown's Revitalization is inappropriate.

So my friends, you are truly under served by me, who prefers to write about the WPA walls in Lehigh Parkway. You are also left uninformed by the Morning Call, which insists that it's cheerleading for Reilly's empire is actually hard news.

1 comment:

  1. Thank You Michael,
    Though the 1973 War is extremely important to world history.
    Your "Blog post" today is very timely regarding the debacle in Center City, that impacts all of Allentown!
    "The Old Allentown Curmudgeon" (Paul J. Fiske! As if they haven't figured out who I am by now HA!)

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS SELECTIVELY PUBLISHED. SIGNED COMMENTS GIVEN MORE LEEWAY.