A reader from the last post asked if any history was available on the engine shown above. This off-rail locomotive, built on an automotive chassis, was produced by the shop of CNJ in 1955 for parades and celebrations. It's shown above at the National Model Railroader's Convention, in May of that year. By 1956, the air-horns shown in the previous post were added.
Thanks to Mark Rabenold and Dave Beazley, local railroad historians.