Sep 4, 2013

Walking With Cynthia Mota

During my failed attempt to save the dam at Robin Hood in Lehigh Parkway, I invited members of Allentown City Council for a private tour. Although only Cynthia Mota and Jeff Glazier accepted the offer, it was an hour well spent. I had spoken to Glazier several times in the past, but had never met Mota. I found her genuinely interested in the park, and intrigued by the neglected WPA sites that I pointed out. She did let me know that she felt that she had been treated unfairly on this blog in the past.  During a large portion of the walk, Mota was being pitched  two opposing points of view about the riparian weeds, one by John Mikowychok, the new park director, and the other by myself. Mikowychok told Mota that he believes the stream is more enticing if you only can see a glimpse of it, here and there. Apparently, Wildlands Conservancy and Mikowychok have a new arrangement, and the Conservancy is to begin replanting the buffers, wider than ever. Although it was an appropriate opportunity for Mikowychok to mention the upcoming  Wildlands buffer project,  he didn't say a word.  Motta needn't be concerned about me,  but she should worry about Mikowychok concealing important park plans.

1 comment:

  1. "Mikowychok told Mota that he believes the stream is more enticing if you only can see a glimpse of it, here and there."

    I get it. Like a woman in a bikini as opposed to a naked woman?

    VOR

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS SELECTIVELY PUBLISHED. SIGNED COMMENTS GIVEN MORE LEEWAY.